Most homeowners know their roof can get damaged by winter weather or spring storms, but they may not realize that summer heat can damage their roofs. Luckily, Missouri homeowners have a home exterior and roofing company who’s proud to protect their homes year-round. Home Perfect Exteriors, Kirkwood MO’s premier roofing company, has your answers about your roof.
The short answer is yes! Though roofing is designed to be durable, extended exposure to sunlight can break down important elements within the roofing, especially asphalt shingles, and cause them to deteriorate in specific ways. UV light can break down the tar in many roofing materials, excessive heat causes physical changes, and rapid heating and cooling cycles can put physical strain on your roofing.
Examples of Roof Heat Damage
- Shingles that curl up at the edges or buckle in the middle
- Peeling or cracked shingles
- Loss of mineral granules from the top layer
- Shingle deterioration
- Exposed roof underlayment
What Can I Do About Heat Damage to My Roof?
- Regular Roof Inspections – The first thing homeowners need to do is get a roof inspection from their trusted local roofing company to catch any roof damage before it turns into leaks.
- Roof Repairs – If only certain shingles are affected, shingle patching can be an effective roof repair, though the new shingles might not perfectly match your existing roofing.
- Roof Replacement – If the heat damage is extensive over several different areas on your roof, it may be time to replace the entire roofing system with something that’s cooler.
Home Perfect Exteriors: Kirkwood MO’s Roof Damage Repair Experts
To repair roof sun damage, Home Perfect Exteriors is the roofing company with the experience to replace your roof with materials that will stand the test of time. Don’t let roof leaks damage your home because you have heat damage on your roof! Contact us for a free roof inspection.